Our trained staff and volunteers have an excellent knowledge of the Geelong area and the types of services that are available if you are having trouble accessing food, employment, housing, physical and mental health support, support for family violence, and much more. We know that finding help in a crisis can be overwhelming. We can provide a kind ear and confidential space to listen and provide connections to the right experts to assist with your needs.
Ask Izzy is an easy-to-use resource that connects people with local support for housing, a meal, finances, family violence support, counselling and much more.
Below is a very small snapshot of the services in Geelong - please contact us if you would like your organisation to be added to this list.
- Haven; Home, Safe Geelong provides Emergency Relief Financial Assistance on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays by appointment.
- Bethany Community Support can help with short-term financial relief – like food vouchers and bill payments – and referrals to financial counselling services and other services.
- Salvation Army Geelong can assist with emergency relief and support in the Geelong region.
- Uniting Vic.Tas in Wendover Ave, Norlane offers food vouchers, food and material aid on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 10.30am and 2pm.
- Salvation Army The Salvation Army is a provider of homelessness services in Geelong. They provide services to adults, and families with accompanying children.
- The Lazarus Centre Geelong is a place for people to feel safe and welcome. Somewhere where they can take a shower, wash and dry their clothes, and receive support from specialist homelessness staff.
Financial Counselling / Management
- Good Shepherd’s Good Money store at 104 Moorabool St, Geelong offers financial support via their network of financial capability workers and counsellors and access to No Interest Loans (NILs).
- Volunteering Geelong’s Financial Capability Program
- Geelong Head to Health is a free and confidential service for adults who are experiencing distress, feeling overwhelmed or are worried about themselves.
- headspace Geelong provides counselling and support specifically to young people from 12-25 years.
- Barwon Health Providing mental health, wellbeing, and alcohol and other drug supports to the Barwon community.